I just wanted to send out a reminder that you have ONE MORE WEEKEND to see the brilliant College Avenue Players perform Fuddy Meers!
The rules are the same for every show so far: 5 dollars for students and 8 dollars for non students!
Let’s make this upcoming weekend even more successful than it already has been ! But don’t just take my word for it, read some RAVE REVIEWS:
“I thought it was really funny,” some guy said
“Yeah me too,” that guys friend asserted.
“I really liked the puppet.” everyone in the audience agreed.
“It was pretty alright, I guess,” affirmed my roommate.
“I really liked when that dragon attacked all those orphan puppies. But I think there were too many Asians cast. ” gushed the voices in my head.
COME TO THIS THING.
APPLY NOW to be an assistant director in this year’s Comic Relief, CAP’s annual sketch comedy show. For charity! NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
What, do you hate sick kids?
As an Assistant Director for Comic Relief, you’ll be in charge of directing a cast in a set of pre-existing comedy sketches, among other responsibilities:
- A.D.s will select the sketches they wish to direct from a pool of sketches that have been collected by the Head Directors for this year’s show.
- A.D.s will be in charge of a small cast of their own choosing, the size of which will depend on the requirements of the sketches.
- A.D.s have artistic control over their own sketches, overseen periodically by Comic Relief’s two Head Directors. This responsibility includes the selection of props, costumes, and sound/lighting effects for your sketches.
You should make yourself available on the following dates:
- Auditions: Monday September 5th and Tuesday September 6th
- Tech Week: October 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th from 9:30PM
- Show dates: Friday and Saturday, October 7th, 8th, 14th, and 15th
- Two days a week rehearsal with your cast. CAP usually has rehearsals Monday-Thursday after 9:30PM.
All interested parties should send an e-mail to Rebecca.Keller@collegeaveplayers.com and email@example.com, with the following information:
Contact e-mail address
Favorite euphemism for a sexual act
Deadline for A.D. Application submissions is Saturday, August 6th
Thank you to everyone who came out and supported the College Avenue Players by attending one or more performances of I Hate Hamlet (by Paul Rudnick). Whether or not you enjoyed the performance there is one thing you have to admit. Tights… are pretty damn sexy.
As that show drifts into recent history, we must turn our sights onto what lies just on the horizon. I am speaking, of course, about THE DICE HOUSE! Written by Paul Lucas and directed by Colin Gallo (assistant directed by Greg Bing). Without spoiling anything for you, I HAVE to give you a heads up that Colin, Mr. Colin Gallo, is cooking up something really special for THIS one. Be there: December 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th to witness it! You aren’t going to want to miss this.